- The wrong choice of music at any function, and in particular weddings, will lead to disaster
- So will the use of cheap, inferior or sub-standard audio equipment
- Conversely, can you remember instances where the guests simply couldn’t leave and the dance floor was packed to capacity till the early morning hours and when it came to home time, they were begging for more and didn’t want to leave?
- The music MUST be loud (enough) and sound quality MUST be excellent. Do not let the guests get into a comfort zone where they can start having conversations around the table. They can do plenty of that during the supper sessions, where they will have soft background music. They are here to party - blast them out of their seats and force them onto the dance floor!
- Listen to people with experience in music and parties and trust their song choices for you. We have been to countless weddings, functions and music events and we have extensive experience in wedding planning and specifically wedding parties. Irrespective of the age gaps at these functions, there are a number of wedding songs that always keep the dance floor jam packed. These songs seem to have universal energy for young and old alike. DO NOT think they are old fashioned or too loud. Use them in your playlist and your wedding reception will be a success! (See our preferred list below)
- Your music supplier has a wide variety of music in his arsenal
- Give him some guidance. Our showstopper list is further down. Make sure he has these songs and that he includes them in his playlist
- Ensure he has the ability to gauge the reaction of the guests to an array of different types of wedding songs very early on in the proceedings. He will quickly be able to “read” the audience and play what keeps the dance floor jam packed
- The following is very important: Before you contract a DJ, make sure he has the right sound equipment. It will always be worth the time taken to let him give you a demo at your chosen location for the wedding reception. Check for enough volume capacity in all areas of the reception area and make sure that the equipment is not inferior and that it does not distort at high volumes. Somehow, the more “in the mood” guests get, the more volume they want. This is a critical success factor
LISTEN to these songs....
Imagine it's playing at YOUR wedding reception....
....AND FEEL YOUR MOOD CHANGE!
Rock Around The Clock- Bill Haley & The Comets
I Hear You Knocking - Dave Edmunds
Sweet Child Of Mine - Guns-'n-Roses
Volare - Gypsy Kings
Mr Jones - Counting Crows
Walk Of Life - Dire Straits
Barbara Ann - The Beach Boys
Country Wedding Songs
Instrumental Wedding Songs
Chicken Dinner Recipes
Boneless Chicken Breast Recipes
Boneles Chicken Thigh Recipes
Chicken Breast Recipes